Tuesday, 15 April 2008

Tea at Ya Kun and Fleas

I hate fleas (the insect) but love fleas (the second-hand treasure trove). Received this in my mailbox about an upcoming flea at House, Dempsey Road. I have personally been to House with my dearest girlfriends Jolly and Anna, and Anna's Baby (her bf Alvin). Haha ;) I love the greenery surrounding the place, and the lovely windows and seats overseeing all that.

Now, if only i can go for this but first, my exams start on the 26th, and i'm on money-hoarding mode to accommodate for my huge shopping and travel spending in the U.S. I am so excited!!! Talking to friends who have made their west coast trips makes me even more excited. I have been told repeatedly by everyone i have talked to about the beauty of San Francisco and this makes me really excited to see it. Currently, i will be staying 2 nights in Los Angeles, with a night at Barstow (factory outlets!) and one in Las Vegas but after my work, we will have 8 days to travel and i really hope to spend more time at San Francisco, maybe 4 nights?

Anyway, i got back my personal tourism paper yesterday and i aced it! I am really really happy, ecstatic about it because it is my first A grade for an individual term paper assignment because usually, my best grades are A- . Secondly, this is a level 4000 Honors Year module and it is my first time taking this, in a class full of the very brainy very intelligent very witty and intimidating (sometimes) Year 4s. :D

Praise be to God and i really thank Him because i have been considering dropping out of the honors year program because i think i am not good enough. Many times, i feel so stressed i rather choose the easy way out, but this is an encouragement to me to get me going. Though we may not know, He has already planned what is ahead of us. I don't know what i'm doing in the Honors program or what i will do next time, but He knows and we can safely believe He will lead us to the path He has set. Be faithful and just pray. :) Blessed Assurance indeed.

So, to celebrate, as well as to wait for the gloomy rainy skies to calm, i treated myself to a nice comforting Teh and Kaya toast in Ya Kun. I love their fragrant Teh, and i love crunchy kaya toast and biting into thin slabs of butter. I took some butter out to prevent from taking in too much fat (its pure gleeful fat) though.


I think it is really important for us to reward ourselves when we have done well, or got through some terribly hard work. I love to give myself little treats when i work, like reading one page of magazine after writing a section of paper, or like this, blogging as form of stress relief after completing one learning portfolio! I have three more to do and the dateline is due tomorrow. Maybe i should paint my nails after completing another portfolio..

xoxo, principessa

PS: I realize i blog more when i'm stressed. I hardly do any updates when i am swept away by happy times.

PPS: My friend Guojie thinks i'm strange to bring my bear to U.S but my bf says I should. As Sophie says: it is better to be comfortable than be afraid of people laughing at you. I'm following what they say, so Chocolate is officially going to the U.S to accompany me and reduce my misery of having to separate physically from my family, home and boyfriend for 2.5 months. We got him a really nice red hoodie trench coat so that he won't be cold in the North Rim. :D I wonder if he needs a passport since he's a bear?

No comments: