Thursday, 16 July 2009

Reflections and Blessings

I feel really, truly blessed.

With a family who loves each other (although sometimes the communication may not be so often such as with brother) and family who loves and cares for me. I only honestly feel it when I am in cast and crutches, with the broken knee. Dad will tapao food for me from nice places (hawker food, economical food but so so good), send me to the mrt or my interview locations and my hospital appointments. Mum will as usual ask me to eat this supplement and that supplement and also tapao food for me making sure i won't be hungry, help me set up my 'bathing' stuff when i was in crutches - chairs, plastic bags, tapes etc. Sis also helps to take this and that, and even tie my shoe laces when i couldn't bend down... while brother will ask after me in his own way.

My extended family is really lovely too. Grandma and aunts bring food for me even when i ask them not to when my family went for a holiday. I even get a body care set and one month's supply of delicious collagen drinks frm my Aunt. :)

As for school, i have graduated and although i didn't manage to jump a class, it is okay because i am happy and i enjoyed my final semester. I have also found a job i think i will enjoy and grow well in, after weeks of feeling demoralized and unsure because i wasn't called often for interviews and my injured leg 'traps' me at home. Was feeling mediocre and lost, unsure of what i have and what i can contribute to the world. I almost signed the contract to be a teacher too, and luckily i did not.

I am blessed to meet him . I won't have gotten this job without him, without his encouragement, without his sharing of his experience, without his prayers, without our nightly (almost) chats. I feel truly blessed to have met him and i know it is all part of God's plans. God sends angels when we are down, never doubt that. As long as we believe, as long as our hearts lean towards Him, humbling ourselves in His presence. The power of prayer is strong indeed! And the power of faith.

He said that maybe God arranged for us to 'meet' for getting me this job. I felt a bit sad to hear that...because i hope it is not only that. We'll see... i guess time will tell.

Besides that, i am VERY THANKFUL for my girlfriends - my JADE girls. Anna who visits and teaches me piano and keeps me company, and Joy who visits and brings food and calls me with her exciting news. Debbie who is far away but we feel very close when we're together again. They are my truest friends indeed!

And i'm thankful for Jocelyn who visited me when i was injured. And for friends who are always helping me and always looking out for me, such as YIA lending me his mkting books, Bastian for talking to me when i'm bored, Jasper for always being such a kind and patient friend/brother and buying me lovely gifts to cheer me up...and W kor who always spoils me with nice presents and treats. :)

I hope that i will always feel this blessed even when times are tough. Because you know what? My injured leg is a blessing indeed.

Love, principessa

No comments: