Wednesday, 11 November 2009

social charity?

i finally found someone whom i can practice french with.

the cbd at night is a strange, strange place.

i hate people who say "don't worry i am not a salesman, this is for the cancer kids..blah blah blah"

ackk, how do i know if you are not some 'charity fund raiser' raising money for some money-making social enterprise?

these days, i am so skeptical of these random people who approach you for ____ (fill in the blanks - i.e. charity, insurance, banks, gym, flyer distributor). they are plain annoying and although i pity the people in these positions. i am rarely in a good enough mood with enough time to entertain them.

1) B1 - office attire, with that classic one liner, follow and walk with you. Sorry, i am not interested.
2) B2 - office attire, un-ironed, classic one liner, interrupted my leisurely browse in front of the shop window. "Are you waiting for someone?" Yes, so? I am sorry, but I am not interested. "blah blah blah" You know what, 10 people approached me about this and I.am.still.not.interested.

3) B3 - office attire again, classic one liner. This took place half an hour later at 10.45pm. Max annoyed. Didn't even look at him, just indicated with my finger - No means no. This company just crossed the line.


I think terrible things will come out of my mouth if another person approach me. I don't know what I am going to say, but i am too annoyed to care about who this person is underneath. Maybe he is some adoring sweet boyfriend who is the world to someone, maybe he is in this job because his parent is ill...maybe he just can't find a better job, or maybe......he is a true blue kind hearted soul.

But catch me in such a situation, i am quite unable to be nice anymore.

No comments: