Sunday, 30 November 2008

I remember

Snow and frozen fingers I remember.

Saying goodbye to loved ones at the airport, feeling a bit lost but very excited
on a long haul flight.
Fields of lavender I remember
Walking and dancing and jumping over in carefree spirit
And tall wood trees I walked around them
Up and down slopes we climb seeing different sights everywhere
It doesn't matter if we are lost
Friends surround us as we go

Sunset reflects off the canyon walls i remember
the sky turns darker in pinks and purples and orange and blues
I stood there thinking I remember
Trying to absorb everything I see and feel
Walking on steep slopes and peeking over an overhanging cliff I remember
And holding hands I remember

Complaints and homesickness I remember
Cheesy and strong meaty food i detested at first
Spiders and bees and wasps I remember
Strange stains on bedsheets and overchoked toilets
Throwing tons of towels to contain the gross excrete and toilet water I remember
and the latex gloves i wore to fling them away into a big bio hazard bag
Lousy internet connection I remember
And 5 hours van ride to a nearest civilization

But in all that seclusion something rings
I am finally and truly free!

Laughing and peeping over windows
Overlooking the beautiful and peaceful cliffs beyond
And chipmunks and squirrels frolicking in the sun I remember
Birds singing a happy tune
All types i've never seen but remembered from Enid Blyton books of English countryside
These childhood imaginations translate
Into something surreal i experienced

Making animal sounds from under the window to passerbys
To quell a boring work day I remember
Hiding from supervisors and guests I remember
Catching hidden naps and snacking in the rooms
Bolting doors and sleeping in
Helping friends who are a little behind I remember
and the morning rush for supplies and laundry bags.

That night i saw Jupitar with its rings and moons I remember
On a clear starry night over the telescope
It was so beautiful I remember
I am at peace with the world.

Rounds and turns I remember
On narrow twisting roads to Point Imperial
8000+ feet elevated from the sea
The highest point in the Canyon
Rushing back to the car before the sun sets
Because as nature is dark when the sun sets
And to get back on an hour's ride is dependent only on our vehicle light

San Francisco I remember
the breathtaking bay and cool night breeze lighted up by faint glows
I was truly in love for a moment
I didn't want to come back

Listening to Britney singing
There is no happy ending
but Summer love will keep us warm long after
an Autumn goodbye
Summer is a time we borrowed
Autumn arrives and we have to leave behind.

There are so many other things i can't express
in words or in the open
But this is a trip i will never regret
It is a once in a lifetime.

No comments: