For the first time in many many weeks, and even more than a year altogether, I feel rather lost on a weekend. Before when work has not yet started, weekends are little different to a week day when, we are only required to be in school when the timetable calls for it, or perhaps when there is a project or some revision to do in school.
Life has certainly changed. Most surely. Most surely indeed. The difference a weekend and a weekday feels, or school holidays as with public holidays now, or paid vacation days I should say, are great! I certainly appreciate off days and weekends tremendously more.
Sigh. A permanent job and responsibilities rob of freedom and flexibility, while before the lack of money is the cause. We can't travel as we wish, we can't spend as we wish for every cent have to be used most prudently when it is lacking. The life of a poor student! Independence in time but dependent on the dollar! As for the life of a salary drawer, our life though still dependent on the state of our finances has independence from most interference - in the getting of it we are solely responsible. And so is the spending of it.
My apologies if I sound somewhat different in this post, as not only is this a different weekend, it is a literary weekend where I have been happily dosed with the company of Jane Austen. Good old sensible Austen, her best selling novel Pride and Prejudice, as well as the good drama from BBC has kept me occupied whenever my thoughts drift to the other side..of the world.
Where, my dear heart is. Thankfully for technology, I can hear and see him for a bit when we are on Skype. Precious minutes they are. But this is the first weekend I have to miss him completely (we always spend it together). And there are 2 more to come, two more. A total of 3/4 of a month will have to bear the loss of his company. I know not what to do, I only hope he is safe and happy wherever he is, and will be back soon just, or better than before. :-)
We have started on the PMC (if you do not know what I am referring to, it's too bad) and had gone for a lesson. Regretfully we have to miss 3 of the sessions because of his being away, but we will meet up one to one with our mentor to catch up. The homework is looooong indeed and involves a lot of thought!
I'll get started and done with it by the time he is back. :) Wish me ideas on what to do, I do miss him very much.
love,
principessa
Sunday, 6 March 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment