I suddenly have an urge to write this, like some sort of random, sudden quick note of thought.
I realise that I mainly have 2 types of friends - in relation to food.
The first type - go wherever food is good.
The second type - go wherever the dining experience is good.
Let's call the first type the 'Foodie' type, while the second type the 'Dining' type. If you notice, even the words used to describe the group is layered with meanings.
My Foodie friends likes to go to places with tasty food, usually at a low cost because these exits in food centres (or lovingly known as Hawker centers). It could also include places like Pepper Lunch, where the stench of food covers you entirely after a meal there.
My Dining friends loves places with of course, good food, but usually at a price. The ambience matters, no stink of food, quality service...
How about me? I the budget- foodie/dining type. Anyway is good but it has to be good for its price, meaning i must be willing to pay that much for it, or else no matter how nice it is, i will wish i have gone to somewhere cheaper for something slightly less tasty, doesn't matter. Price is king in my decision. But that doesn't mean that i won't pay a higher price for the food+ambience+ experience, but it has to be justified.
And usually, the price justification mechanism in my mind, is super ultra fussy. Because usually, i will prefer to spend that extra amount on a piece of clothing that lasts longer than the few hours that food can satisfy me for.
And other examples of the price justification mechanism..
- I will try not to eat takeaways because that extra 10-30 cents is not worth it in my opinion.
- I will stand by Pepper Lunch because it is yummy, but regret after that.
- I will think bubble tea + waffle if i am paying the bill. But Sushi and Japanese restaurant if i am not.
And lastly, another random note. But sometimes, i really cannot stand how people can take a thousand years to decide what they want to eat, not because they cannot decide and don't have something in mind, but they're afraid other people may not like their suggestion. And when someone suggests something, they may not like it but refuse to say, or refuse to come up with another suggestion. Oh, and this applies to group dining situations. Very irritating sometimes, really. Not to the people who behaves like that, but the action. But you know, this is usually a female thing, why is it so gendered?
Because females are group-conscious while males are individual-conscious? But well, despite females being group-conscious, there are decisive ones among them, and it could be a complementary trait. When those two traits combine, perhaps that is one of the ingredients possessed by women leaders around the world, and that is what make them (perhaps) better leaders than men. I aspire to be such a female.
I need my lunch. Not sure where to eat cos i am all alone at home trying to do my school work.
Love, principessa
Thursday, 25 September 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment