Wednesday, 16 September 2015

Kindness in hospitality

It was a cold and rainy day today, what Londoners would call a dreadful day. Awful.

Some people came to my house today to move waste materials & boxes away for us after the unpacking. There was a roundish man with a gentle tone who came by my house and I could see dampness in his hair and jacket. He was commenting on how dreadful the rain is, in a rare gentle voice of a man. And I felt so sorry for him because he looked like a kind and gentle persons

But I didn't act. And when I went out later on to buy groceries, I felt the cold and was thinking of how nice it would be to be in a warm cafe drinking something hot.

Looking back on today and reading the scripture verses for today (see below), I would want to act differently next time. I could have shown kindness to these workers by offering them a cup of hot drink on such a cold and wet day as this.

So that as Christians, we can shine like stars in the sky... in a world of unbelievers.

"Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, 'children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.' Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky..."(‭Philippians‬ ‭2‬:‭14-15‬ NIVUK)

No comments: