Sunday, 27 September 2015

His unfailing love continues forever

"For the LORD is good. His unfailing love continues forever, and his faithfulness continues to each generation."
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭100:5‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/psa.100.5.nlt

I am heartened today to read this verse as it reminds me of how faithful God is to me and my family.

My dad told me that my Gung Gung's mother, my great grandma, was a Christian when she lived. And she was one of the first Christians in Tekong, I think it's either her or another relative in China who brought the other to Christ. Something happened there, and as a result, my Gung Gung believes in Christ and my dad and his siblings were brought up with knowledge of Jesus.

And because of this, my dad brought us to church for the first time when I was 10 years old. Even though my mum used to avoid beef and pray in the temples, and was superstitious, our family was slowly converted and we did not stop attending church.

I thank God for my Great Grandma and whoever spread the gospel to her, it was she who brought my Gung Gung to Christ, and subsequently my Dad, and then me and my family. I thank God that His unfailing love endures forever and His faithfulness continues to each generation. I pray that my nephew and all our descendants will continue to be brought up knowing and loving Jesus.

Thank you Lord for your faithfulness. All honour and praise to God, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Amen.

No comments: