I think having a vision is really important. Looking back, that was how I started in this career path. I envisioned it and hoped for it, and perhaps subconsciously that is how i steered my choices towards it? And in all things, I thank God.
The Q-think chapter on "Infinite Possibility" is captivating, the thought so alluring and yet it has so much truth in it. Imagine that every moment in your life & that decision you make at each point, will lead you to a different path! If I gave up after a long email that I typed was not sent out, I might never have developed a closer relationship with someone. If you close your mind off and refused to try anything new, you might never discover that perhaps you can be very good at something.
If each thought, each decision leads us to life-changing pathways, we should, as the book says, be aware about it and live our lives with the 'right' intent.
In 2 weeks time, I'll be a bride. Can you imagine that? 2 years of waiting, 2 decades of dreaming, and the 2 weeks will come like 2 days and soon I'll be at the altar, exchanging vows in front of God & Man. The honeymoon will come and pass, and it'll be the end of year 2012 soon after. That aside, my priority is to fulfill my 'mission', my 'calling' on earth and to serve God and my community with the gifts given to me. Oh Lord, I want to be a good steward and not hide my talents in the ground! Gaining no interest, no growth, no gain and be punished. I want to serve you more, grow my strengths and love people, bring them to share a blessed life in Christ!
#1
People need the Lord. They may not know it, they may feel it, but they don't know where to find it. One of a career vision I have is to be working for God and encouraging people to deepen their relationship with fellow brothers/sisters in Christ, and most importantly to seek God and obey Him. But am I willing to go through seminary, do I have the faith & perseverance, the courage and gift to speak in public so often, and practically... accept the package? Well, I know that God will provide if I do commit myself to this.
#2
Another vision of my future would be to be the owner of a eco & social business. Stewardship of God's gifts and creation, I want to make environmentally friendly choices and not compromise the earth that God had given, or rob children of a beautiful planet. I want to encourage people practically to choose earth-friendly and community-friendly products... be it the clothes they are wearing, to the type of furnishings or electric consumption, food and everyday services. "Alteration Initiative" is an inspiration. How do you make business work, have some profits, provide a good customer experience & w-o-m advocacy of simple, lifestyle solutions that brings us to a better place?
We want quality, lasting pieces that brings a smile to our faces. Not the throw-away culture. Not the trends that changes like shifting sands in the desert! The challenge would be perhaps to get the skill set required for setting up and managing businesses, or finding a partner, and just...really getting a step in the right direction. Do I know? I have to think more into it. Am I excited? I'll love to do this. Can I do it? Yes, I know I can. I just need some help & direction & opportunity. And someone who believes in me.
#3
The evergreen vision would be to return to my 'roots' growing up in a family of teachers. Nurturing children and young people to enjoy knowledge, enjoy growing and understanding the world, and developing them to be the leaders of tomorrow is fulfilling. The package isn't too bad but my concern is with balancing my needs to relax & tune out, with this intensive & grueling work.
#4
Growing where I am? I am happy to give it a shot and put my best efforts to it, but balance and family/friendships cannot be compromised. I can just imagine a long holiday each year with 2-3 mini breaks that allows me to tune out completely and recharge, be re-inspired. I care a lot about our business, and I am happy that we're doing well despite the smaller team now.
Sleepy now. I am glad to be able to write these out to sort out my thoughts. Good night.
xoxo,
principessa
Friday, 28 September 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment