Hello Diary,
It's a weekend once again. A Saturday of possibilities but a bit of it had passed, as it's 1.13pm now that I've started writing.
I am glad to be writing again, there is a freedom in it as you mull over the happenings in your life, and your thoughts and feelings and sometimes awkward opinions, and just put it down in words! Typing it one by one. I would love to write it by pen and have a lovely faded leather diary like how they do in the past, but the digital age had made it much faster and easier to type it down. At least I don't get pressure marks on my fingers. But there's always the danger of having your 'message' to yourself travel to public eyes and get into trouble. I hope no one really reads this at all! Seriously.
Anyway, I spent the morning ironing his (my husband's) and my clothes. Ironing things properly isn't easy, and I counted taking 15 mins just on one piece of work shirt! With 5 shirts a week, that would amount to.....at least an hour a week! Plus pants and my own clothes, I really hope it takes less than 1.5hrs a week to do these. Being independent ain't easy! Ideally, I would like to iron my clothes right before or the day before I wear them.
On ironing, it made me learn something. I was thinking about career choices and development recently and had considered the possibility of doing something related to art, craft & design. That'll be so cool if at this age, people just go back to the old ways of quality & honest craftsmanship, fine art, and a warm approach to design. Not that the current age is cold, but the modernity and futuristic, forward looking designs are nice & appreciated, but they start to look the same after a while. I suppose every art/design movement at every age (by age I mean 'generation' of this field) has a distinctiveness that unites them into a movement. Like impressionism and how the spurn offs of impressionist art follows a basic principle of blurry subjects on paper that harmonizes in colors & composition. A look and you can tell the general 'movement' it belongs to, or the inspiration behind the art.
So there I was thinking of possibly attending an art or design school. Or how else am I going to be able to do something in say, interior design or product design?
Along the same thread, I did think of attaining skills & experiences in coaching, therapy & counseling related fields. After all, these careers had always intrigued me and are proven by other people tested to be my 'type' to be fulfilling career. And it would also require some re-education and directional shift in my career.
What should I do? Mmmmmmmm.
:( Don't know yet. But for now, I should start to learn driving and find an enjoyable exercise.
xoxo,
principessa
Saturday, 3 November 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment