Sunday, 3 May 2009

Random thoughts 1 day before the exam

As you know (already), i'm most capable in having random thoughts that comes suddenly into my mind.

I just want to say that (really random):
  • Contrary to the hegemonic ideals, going to a Junior College and then a University is not always the best route for all individuals, or the natural success path to middle-income or above middle affluence. I know of people who chose to go to a Polytechnic because their O level results are not so ideal/ cannot get into a good JC/ or personal choice. And somehow through it, found their own niche and interest in the field, got fantastic results, and progressed to university.
  • When I think of the people whom i interact with who were from Polys, they are really pretty cool. More life experiences, more vocal but generally are in Business courses. (Haha, why? Why not geography or social sciences?)
  • I want to have a pet dog :) But not now, to be a responsible pet owner i must have the financial resources to support her. Why a 'her'? Because like me, maybe she'll be moody and hopefully she have an exceedingly sweet personality and is very affectionate. But a 'him' because he will be loyal and devoted. These are not mutually exclusive of course, dog's gender does not determine those but their personalities. Still, if i want to dress up my dog, maybe it makes more sense for it to be a 'her'.
  • I aspire to be a trans-national, a cosmopolitan citizen...living my life in another country (preferable a global city) while also maintaining links and relations back home. But I really want to contribute to my own country because of my deep appreciation and gratefulness to the country(although sometimes i cannot agree with many aspects of the system) for making me who i am today. Years of national education may not work for others, but it has worked on me. Hahahah, of my own choice.
How ideal if i can stay 6 months here in Singapore and 6 months there. :) I hope to be able to experience living in cities like New York, London, Paris, San Francisco, Tokyo. Not as a tourist but a traveler or a local, staying not for a few weeks but months or years, maybe i should find a type of job that is so free lance i can be situated anywhere! I study so much on the 'global city' and am really attracted to the lifestyle of a transnational talent.

I know it is not suitable for family formation or children unless i marry someone who has similar aspirations like me and is also capable (if not more so) of mobility within global cities so we can be together :)
  • Did i mention after the 7May 11am, i am freed from my life as a student of schooled education?
  • I heart the HAJI LANE shopping experience! But i realise i can never dress like these fashionable youngsters with their high waist bottoms and loose tops and their cool necklaces, leather bags, made-up hair and heavily kohled eyes with lush lashes looking extremely bohemian-chic.
Not.my.style.and.i.don't.wear.anything.that's.not.
  • A friend, and my sister have raved about the authentic Hokkaido style Ramen in the Man-something Japanese Restaurant in Tampines One, i can't wait to try it!
  • I so need to get rid of the upper 2 wisdom teeth, and can't wait for braces to start except that i can only do it when i have a job because i don't want to borrow from my parents
  • Much word-of-mouth recommendation by friends (w kor, samuel, seeing friends use it, buying for n's brother with n, fashionation) have made me finally want to get a Macbook for my next laptop, and perhaps an iPhone because my current LG Shine has been dying on and off. Not serious yet, but it switches off by itself due to old age.
  • I am in trouble because i suddenly crave for so many things, dead.dead.dead. Didn't anyone tell you wisdom tooth removal + braces + new laptop + possibly new phone will cost you at least 3-4 month's salary of a young graduate? That is IF she gets a job, and a properly paying job nonetheless.
"Aspire less, want less, live simply and consider the earth and your wallet"
- My advice to myself -

  • My trip to Aussie may be postponed to June (highly likely since Joy and Anna are more worried about this, and my own motivations? I have a reason and draw to stay in Singapore longer because.... )
Of Marche's pannacotta that has earned -best healthier choice dessert- in my books?

Not to mention, their rather fantastic savoury seafood crepes which you don't see cos we've eaten it all up

But of course it is not due to dessert that i want to stay, i can go there anytime because i'm Singaporean!

Of course, there is a special reason. :D

xoxo, principessa

No comments: