Tuesday, 13 January 2009

Happiness in the air!

I don't know, but lately i've been feeling very cheerful except for that bit of worry for my ISM. I'm beginning to really like school and somehow i feel really excited about my modules, and learning new things! :) This semester, all my modules are very likable and meaningful to me.

What's on for me this semester:

  • Geog level 4 - Catchment Processes and Management
  • Geog level 4 - Eco-development in SE Asia
  • Singapore Studies/ Geog - Changing Landscapes of Singapore
  • Elementary French
  • Independent Research Project on Eco-Fashion and sustainable consumption
I can seriously squeal in delight if you want me to! I love the modules and the lecturers! ;) I can forsee a barrage of work heading my way especially with eco-development (many assignments) and french (many oral, written, listening tests) but i am happy i listened to my heart and learn things that i want to, irregardless of how difficult it may be.

Well, and i can say after 1 week of getting used to my new hair color, i am very happy with it! Anything new is fun, and so is a change of hair color.

And i just bought 3 dresses from a local e-tailer and i love them to bits! Except that one is quite tight because of the rubberized band, but it really looks very slimming and stunning. I have decided to cut the band to loosen it (destroys the dress) and hide it with a belt instead. WHICH WORKS! *Not going to put pictures here delibrately*

I like new looks, and new clothes. How sustainable is that? It is not! I must think of a way to recycle my clothes, like wear a few times, get sick of the look and sell it before buying another. Maybe that could be a solution...at least it is used by someone.


Some pictures from the UBIN trip
(for more, check facebook although i didn't upload all of them there)



The suspects


The scenary from the boat


Quiet, rustic Ubin-scapes!

Upon reaching and doing the 'touristy' thing



Near Chek Jawa, we saw this tree top shaped outlook tower


Climbed up, and took pictures. At first sedantary...
.
.
.


.
.
.
.

To something 'higher'?


At chek jawa broadwalk admiring the low tide view



During high tide, this whole tidal flat is submerged, notice the life saving float?



Cycling back to town


For a scrumptious, super fresh seafood dinner!
Bamboo clams, i never tried them before and they are so tasty and delicious! *craving* But at $7 per piece.
Sail away home..

xoxo, principessa


No comments: