Tuesday, 12 February 2008

Singapore Flyer Opening Day

Londoners have the London Eye


The cool temperate weather combined with these winter-ed trees, makes the experience so romantic!

And Singaporeans like us, have our modern futuristic ambitious Singapore Flyer.
If we want to have it, we must be number one, that's our country's motto. Highest, tallest, biggest 'ferris wheel'.


Do you know? All the carriages/capsules are fully air-conditioned and UV protected.

I wonder if I can skip the sunblock if I'm inside, ahaha. But I won't even go there in the day, i prefer the night view. I love the city at night. There's a certain romance in the air, i don't know but i've always felt this way. I'm fascinated, even the air smells different. Or maybe i just like the bright lights of the city, it's like a gigantic Christmas tree. I wish i can go out more often at night, i think i'll love the whole lounge idea, sipping a cocktail in a jazz bar and chatting cosily with friends. Oh, i hate clubs though. Noisy booze bars, too crowded for my liking.


A poor version of the picture i took of the Flyer with my 2 mega pixel phone :)

I think, i will prefer the London Eye more. As for our Singapore Flyer, only time will tell, and maybe if i've been on both i can give a real verdict.

Anyway, on the opening day 2 days ago, i met up with a very old friend :) Someone i got to know when i was only 12, during the icq, irc chatting days. And amazingly, someone i kept in touch with for so long even though at that time, we're only virtual friends. You know, i don't even keep in touch with people i used to like, be really close to or even ex-bfs? I don't talk to them anymore except Sebastian (my twin, we only speak to each other at random times because he is so busy with his own life and engin club and hall and whatever) and him (my online kor, 2 years older than me).

Thinking back, i think i really have a very happening online life. Happening because i used to spend immense amounts of hours chatting, making friends who i don't meet unless i trust them (after talking to them for years that is). It's really funny actually, how i grew up having virtual 'boyfriends' whom i've never met, and falling in 'love' for the first time when i was 13 with this brilliant guy from Chinese High gifted education program. And after him, many more brilliant guys from famous schools, mostly from RI or Chinese High. All whom i've never met except Calvin and Hock Boon. Calvin is my first real boyfriend when i was 15, we exchanged many letters (hand written ones) and smses though we only meet about once a month?

ANYWAY, i digress too much. I met up with online kor whom i know since i was 12, and we spent a large portion of the day together. It's actually quite fun, there's so many things to do. :)

Went to the gym, to the photo place where i'm supposed to develop my Vivitar camera shots at Sunset way (but it was closed :( for CNY), took the bus to Pan Pacific for the gym, ate apples (now i must look out for hotel gym apples! they're nice), chatted about hotels and many more stuff, ate dinner at Genki (his treat), starbucks skinny latte (i'm so going to order skinny drinks next time :) while he showed me so many of his europe photos... He've been to so many European countries it's craziness, Italy, UK, Switzerland, France, Austria, Germany, Belgium, Spain, Sweden(?), Russia and so on.. :)

I love the pictures he took, especially of this palace in St Petersburg in Russia that is designed by the same architect designing the Versailles Palace in France. All the pictures below are taken by him.



I love the white on yellow color scheme, but the roof is too elaborate for me. The windows are my favourite.


Fountains and fountains of water everywhere at the palace grounds.


How excessively rich can all these aristocrats be? Gold framed windows, gold everywhere but it's so beautiful! I can imagine huge balls and ladies in feathered hats and ballroom dresses.


Ohhhh, i'm also inspired to decorate a room in my house in French renaissance style like this

After the pictures at Starbucks, we went to peek at the Singapore Flyer on its opening night, walked through the Ritz Carlton (my first time) and from the main reception area, there's this beautifully framed view of the Singapore Flyer, it's gorgeous!!!

I'm really glad we kept in touch, he's a really special person to me because we kind of grew up together, and he's always there for me. (: He got me some lovely black n white postcards of Paris (i love the vintage-y feel of black and white pictures), and Blaise Mautin Parfumers Toiletries from the hotel he stayed at in Paris, and a yummy box of swiss made mini pralines chocolates from Lindt!

I think i'm really lucky to have people who cares for me. Including my sweet boyfriend of course! :D

xoxo, principessa

1 comment:

TheWebGuy said...

You can get more official images from the people who built the Wheels.
http://www.greatwheel.com/gallery.htm