Wednesday, 6 February 2008

Happy Chinese New Year!

As I'm writing this, it's still CNY eve and I just had reunion dinner at my Grandma's house. Usually, reunion is at my place cos my Dad's the oldest son but since this year our house is not in good condition (toilet downstairs is spoilt and the house is so messy!), we held it at Grandma's instead. Her hand is not good though because there is so growth on it, and it hurts a lot and she can't cook, can't touch wet stuff. :( So most of reunion dinner is bought, i forgot to take pictures (silly me, i must take pics tml!) and we had steamboat, hakka yong toufu (made by my family), yu sheng, specially marinated chicken (bought), some wealthy looking dish that cost $138+ cos it has REAL mini abalones shaped like a boat, this fish pancake looking thing and many many stuff inside.



My Sis and I (I did her makeup and hair)



To create a radiant and youthful look, so i pinned up her hair, smoothen her complexion and lent her my blush, pluck the brows and all that


My friend GJ said that this dress resembles the elf color, okay so its my Elf Green Resort Dress! I love it to bits cos it's the right length right shape and its cute and cool cos it's made of cotton! A nice summer dress ;)


Funny, my mum wore my jelly shoes and because it has holes, and she stepped on some dung on the grass, she threw them immediately in the rubbish bin downstairs and went up the lift bare-footed. I quickly snapped a picture to capture the moment, we were all laughing cos it's so funny!

Anyway, I was cleaning up my room when i found lots of mementos from the past


Like this, an old photo of my mum and brother long, long ago. She's probably in her early thirties


A photo of my dad's old home in Pulau Tekong island, before its torn down of course. He lived in a kampung and had to take the boat to attend school on the mainland.

It has been an eventful day as I looked at old mementos - letters friends have written, yearbooks, photos, gifts and... memories and keepsakes of the past. As i looked at his letters and those young days where boys professes their love for you and that it'll last forever and ever, that they'll never leave ever, this whole nostalgic feeling came over me and for that few seconds, i could still remember how terrible it felt to have those promises shattered into a million pieces again. And how it felt when we were together, young innocent hearts who didn't know better and promised the world to you, but reality is much more cruel, circumstances changes and feelings fade, its part and parcel of sweet secondary school romances. 99% of the time, they don't last no matter how you thought you'll be part of that special 1%.

Before I end this post, i'll like to share this video MTV of this song "Qian Li Zi Wai" by Fei Yu Qin and Jay Chou. I watched this on repeats during one family dinner at the restaurant and fell in love with it, precisely because it is so sad.



xoxo, principessa

No comments: