However, I realise that I would have inevitably contributed to the fortunes of the trawlers by my voracious consumption of seafood. :(
Friday, 8 March 2013
Astonishing numbers
In the newspapers today I was reading about the last decade being the hottest decade than 80% of the earth's past 11,000 years. Astonishing it is not, but yes it is a frightful reminder of how we need to be conscious consumers and good global citizens of this earth! A BBC documentary brought me along Simon Reeve's journey in the Indian Ocean and revealed the thousands of trawlers along the waters of Mumbai who goes hundreds of kilometers away to dredge the sea of it's treasures, current & future, destroying the sea bed and catching clueless turtles and mantra rays and inedible but incredibly beautiful fishes along with it. I hate these trawlers and unsustainable ways of fishing, not a thought to destroying the underwater universe!
However, I realise that I would have inevitably contributed to the fortunes of the trawlers by my voracious consumption of seafood. :(
However, I realise that I would have inevitably contributed to the fortunes of the trawlers by my voracious consumption of seafood. :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment