Dear Diary,
This birthday had been enjoyable and relaxing. I am very blessed to have two days of rest & celebration this year, being able to feel unemployed for two days and doing the things that I don't usually do. Such as enjoying a weekday lunch with my parents, going shopping with them for a bridal jewelery gift, casually walking around town and exploring shops at leisure, and meeting my dear in casual wear on a weekday night! It wasn't so smooth in the morning but it worked out perfectly, thank you God!
I love the 916 gold jewelery that we picked together from Poh Heng. It has modern finishes and is something that I'll actually wear. The lighter gold color flatters my complexion and in my heart, I like the design of having two circles on the necklace & earrings. The bigger circle encircles a smaller circle, as if my parents are enveloping and protecting me with love. I didn't tell them this of course. It was also a wonderful trip and a satisfying buy as my parents both agree on the pieces, it's a blessed purchase and something I'll always keep to remember their love with. Of course, our parents love is more than that, there are so many precious memories & sacrifices they have made that is far more important than precious items of mementos! So don't get me wrong. :)
Can you believe that thereafter, my birthdays will be celebrated as a different status? A change from Single to Married? From under my parents warm & protective roof, to a roof of our own? Ours = K & Me. That is amazing, exciting, yet nerving as everything would have changed. When I wake up on my birthday, it won't be my parents that I see but my husband or my parents in law. But thank God again as they are Christians and we all belong to the body of Christ, we are one big family! So I pray oh Lord, please help me to be a kind & caring daughter to my parents, and a loving, gentle & faithful wife, and a peaceful & understanding daughter in law!
Today, as K brought me to Gardens by the Bay for my birthday celebration. I saw manmade super trees amongst cultivated nature of numerous species, soothing chirping sounds of birds caught on tape, cooling mist & flowers of all kinds from deserts to mediterranean climates! It is a beautiful experience to be in a place that brings about natural species from all over the world! People may applaud at how Man had advanced so far as to create artificial climates & trees in a tropical city like Singapore, but I applaud God for his marvelous creation because Man is only but trying to imitate the Creator of the Universe. We can create air conditioned & cloud mists conditions to maintain the life of plants living in the cloud forests, but these species still require the right conditions determined by God to survive. We marveled at the manmade "Paradise Falls" and treetop walks, it is such a delightful experience to be there with my love, but the reason of my marveling is because it reminds me of the real waterfalls that I've seen before! It only but reveals the majesty of my Creator God.
Another highlight of today is the Flower Dome. We walked and smelt the flowers, plants and soils and each subzone gave us a different feeling. I saw bottle trees and olive trees and am reminded that Jesus is the true vine and we are the branches. The branches of the olive tree are tiny but the trunk of the tree is huge! Life and nutrients are stored in the trunk, nourishing and bringing life sustaining nutrients to the branches & leaves so that it can flower and grow fruits. :) K mentioned that he was reminded of the smells of Europe when we walked past the Mediterranean sub-zone. :)
Last but not least, we had a relaxing cup of afternoon tea & scones at TWG Tea Salon. It was a delightful experience to sit there, chat and have tea. The scones were made wonderfully and it was neither too buttery or too sweet, just perfect with the cream & tea jelly that's made in house. It is such a dream to be able to enjoy a cup of afternoon tea with loved ones. Sharing and savoring these little moments of bliss together.
So thank God for answering my prayer to have such an enjoyable and relaxing time with my family & with K. Being twenty something is a gift, and so is every year of our life.
Talking about the mid twenties, I have to do something and follow through on what I set out to do.
love,
principessa
No comments:
Post a Comment