Friday, 6 July 2012

Upset over sunscreen

Silly title and silly event. I was upset over sunscreen and not being able to swim because it's already 10am, the sun is shining brightly. It is too hot. And I can't locate my waterproof sunscreen.

The last time i saw the sunscreen was when i went swimming with K, two weeks ago. With his knack for misplacing things, it is probably him! He likes to leave things lying around without keeping it properly, thinking that he will remember where it is. And this is detrimental when it happens outside of home.

I just cannot understand why some people can be so forgetful or lazy to leave their possessions around thinking that their wonderful mind will remember to take it back later. Example, we were in a hostel in Aussie and it's the last morning there. He took off his glasses to wash up & change into his contact lenses, went off with clear vision, and the glasses became history. Forgotten until we were already at our next destination.

So it is very likely for me to suppose it is K who left my sunscreen lying around the benches at the pool, outside of my bag or his bag. It is ridiculous to me because I will keep my things back into my bag immediately. I know that my memory is not that good so keeping things close (& zipped, unaccessible to strangers) is my way of protecting my belongings.

Now, it seems to sound that I am upset over a sunscreen. No. It is not just a sunscreen, it is my sunscreen, and it does not just cost what it is, it took time for me to get to the shop to pore through the shelves to choose one. My belongings are precious. Can I lose it? No!

Is it K's fault? Maybe not, but if it is not him, who is it?

I am upset and made him upset too. Can't swim, lost my sunscreen, and this expired sunscreen that I am using now is making my skin sting.

ahhhhhhhharrrrgh. The beginning of a weekend morning did not start well and it's spiraling effects are dampening to the rest of the day. And I know it's wrong to make this affect someone else........................ Just so upset ;(

No comments: