Saturday, 26 June 2010

First work trip

Tomorrow marks my first work trip - first destination: BKK. There will be few like that as my job involves more back-office planning work and liaising with clients over email, phone calls and occasionally meeting them f2f. I'm excited though, to meet our Thai Rep for the first time and be able to attend client meetings outside Singapore.

It's not exactly the first time, I've met a client previously in BKK for lunch during the BKK training last year but this time I'll have to deal with back to back meetings over 2 full days as well as deal with client requests in my mailbox whenever there is time to check..

As usual I am not sure if this industry is for me.  Sometimes yes sometimes no but mostly, no. I have to pursue my real interests and passions. Dance, Environment..impacting lives. 

Dance is out of question because it will always remain recreational. While working for a green business and something that has a higher meaning is viable. I'm still muddling my way through and as much as I want to be increasing my knowledge of this field, the noises of life have snuffed this off. Most of the time.

And then I wonder sometimes, where have my life gone to? I haven't been actively pursuing my dreams and mini goals that leads to the big picture. The fodder that drives me to live to my potential. Will it ever come true like this? No. No way.

Bring fit and healthy - snuffed because of laziness and lacking strong motivation and people to keep it with
Learning driving - snuffed because the ulu Ubi school seems so far yet is so near
Dancing frequently - snuffed and too too tired to elaborate
Learning piano - snuffed because of $ and time
Living overseas for 2 years - ...

Saw 3 Burger King Ads in a row of their A4dables promotion on the road to a BK. Hungry for it now, blame the power of advertising. But it is honestly so sinful!!!

xoxo

No comments: