My friend's friend is one of the missing five Singaporean dragon boaters when their boat capsized at the Cambodian dragon boat race two days ago. After 2 days, his body is finally found. And all the five missing have been found, not alive but drowned.
I don't know why, but after hearing about it, reading the news, and seeing how they actually look like from the newspaper, i just cried. I'm really sad over their demise, because they're so young, they looked so happy, full of life and vibrant in their pictures. I think about deeply saddened and full of grief their parents, friends, girlfriends will be, and i imagine how i will feel if one of the persons is someone i know and love. :(
How fragile life is, we often overestimate ourselves, we think that we're young and we shouldn't need to think about death because it is something far, far away. But alas, it is not so. It can be really near, it can happen to anyone, anytime. All these drowning accidents, jacuzzi pools accidents all makes me especially skeptical and scared of water. I know how to swim and float but waters can be so strong and dangerous, it was an unexpectedly huge current that overturned their boats, and pulled these strong young men under. How about that jacuzzi accident where this tall Caucasian man/and a young boy got sucked under and everyone is helplessly watching, unable to pull them out because the energy was sucking them in so strongly?
I think i now have a phobia of jacuzzi, swimming pools and the sea. I will still swim, but i'll stick to the side of the pool because i haven't swam for so long! I missed the feeling of water around, gently paddling about and floating. But i'll be more cautious of water now, really. Although the boat marina choice is first on my work n travel list, i hope and pray that nothing will happen during my time there. Cos i'll be staying on a big boat, serving passengers food, checking them into rooms, changing bedsheets and all that kind of thing.
But one thing we can be sure of, is that everything that happens and will happen is part of God's plans. We may not understand why He meant for it to be, or why He can seem so cruel, but we have to trust Him because we can't see the big picture, we don't know how it may be a blessing elsewhere. If i ever pass away one day before my time, suddenly, i hope that I will be with God... so that I will be able to see my loved ones there too, some other day. And I hope and pray I will see all of them, and we'll be together again.
Sunday, 25 November 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
pessa, put a tagboard! easier to communicate!
Post a Comment