Wednesday, 17 September 2014

Power of writing

I just read from an article about how people who like to write are more able to cope with stress, and how it benefits the person by elevating the mood.

Yes, then I guess I should write again. Something which I had not done for a long time (I know I keep saying this).

Life as a student is doubly stressful. :( These past few weeks had been stressful times as I had to grapple with a few major things in my life - decisions, studies, moves, choices. Day after day we have meetings for group work, day after day I think of how to complete the next individual assignment.

Motivated by extrinsic (fear of failure) and intrinsic reasons (desire to do well and benefit people), I feel that I am giving too much pressure to myself. Coupled with a lack of sleep and fluctuating schedules everyday, physically my body is probably confused.

We all need balance and rest in our lives. Where is my leisure time? Eroded away by the stress of assignments, readings, preparations. Where are my weekends? Sweet weekends of doing nothing too serious hasn't been a possibility of late. Emotionally, I do miss my old w place to some extent. The comfort of not needing to change too much, knowing that you have the same group of people and environment and hours around you even if the challenges change everyday. Knowing that you had done well, has overcome and will be able to cope.

Yet now, with everything so new it is the opposite. Ah. :-/

Xoxo

No comments: