Thursday, 8 May 2014

Writing therapy - Our 2014 World

Writing is really therapeutic from what I remember. A decade ago, I would have been updating my blog a few times a week and friends tune in every few days to read the latest post. And it's not just me, but me and many other people. We take turns to read each other's blog and comment, get updated by each other's thoughts. As one of the earlier adopters (or am I a mass adopter?), if I count back this trend of blogging would have gone back to at least 10 years! Tres amazing!

But the world now is so different. Although blogging still remains, it is less popular as people get into social media sites and 'update' their friends via Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest etc. We are into short messages and shorthand writing, pictures and videos. What happened to lengthly sharing of thoughts such as blogs? No wonder the young people of today spell so poorly, have short attention spans, and are glued to their mobile games and screens. In this year 2014, 'Selfies' and 'Wrecking Ball' Miley type of attitude, female quiffs and male makeup/dressing that cross the boundary of being darkly feminine are so popular. There just seem to be so much hurt, anger and naked self expression that's trending in popular culture. Sighs. How will the world be like in 2024? I don't know.

Currently, what I had predicted a few years back when animated movies like Wallee was out, had come true. People have became almost robotic in their own bubble world. They're hooked on their mobile screens, enclosed in their own world via the ear phones, and not looking at people and 'truly' interacting with the world that passes by. It is like how busy-ness (this is addiction to living in virtual bubbles) robs us of our appreciation of the beautiful world that God had created. You know what? Perhaps that's it. It is what I think it is. Satan is luring us away from really connecting with each other and luring us away from appreciating or even thinking about creation around us, this is the secular world. With that, we are so buried in our work and own sense of play that time for deep reflection about our lives/our spirituality/our soul business (as I call it) eludes us. We simply have no time to think about deep issues, the real things that matters!

There's always something to chase, sadly these things we chase are mostly temporal. Like how to do better than others in terms of pay, position, promotion. How to live in a yet more luxurious house, getting more branded bags and shoes, how to get a nicer car that will win the envy of others, how to look better, and so on and so forth. Oh well. :-(

How will the rest of 2014 pan out? I don't know, but God holds our yesterday, our today and our tomorrow that I know. And I know something for sure. That global warming is only going to speed up and temperatures are rising, more extreme weather events are happening year after year and month after month (it appears in our papers on a weekly basis or more frequently), I know for sure that the world is going to be different and we will be facing the brunt of it. But as a child of God, I know He will look after me and be through this with me.

Thank you God.

xoxo,
principessa

No comments: