As you know, staying in a place like the States can be hazardous to your diet because the main fare of most Americans are truly, greasy burgers with home made patties so yummy and juicy + deep fried fries + humongous humongous deep fried onion rings made of real giant onions + (you guessed it) coke or soda. Why? You may ask, these things are frightfully unhealthy!!! But well, these are the cheapest things you can get for food in US.
Actually, the burgers all taste almost the same although the patty are home made. With onions + lettuce + meat + pickles and some tomato sauce, burgers are really standard. But these beat the Macdonalds burger anytime.
When you are a poor student, a 4USD burger is a more viable choice than a healthier meal of Japanese don that costs 12USD. Something like that.
So anyway, i gained quite a fair bit of weight during my 10 weeks stay in the U.S. Approximately 4-5kg, and I'm now like 50kg. :( From 45kg. Some are muscles because of the nature of my work in housekeeping, but some are unhealthy weight from the fatty food consumed. And because my appetite is so huge over there due to daily walking/lifting and cleaning etc, i still eat a lot more than before even when I'm in Singapore.
SO. The bottom line is that I have to lose weight despite my BMI is still 18+ , and i am in a very healthy weight range. Because they are all in the wrong places!!!
(I think I was really slim, haha)
Actually, I don't regret not missing out any of the food I ate over there because they are truly scrumptious okay. If I had a choice, i will eat those again, but maybe cut the portions and definitely, start an exercise regime now to go back to being healthy.
Having ice cream and cookies or apple/cherry pies on a daily basis is certainly not healthy. But that was my daily dessert there!
Some pictures of the yummy stuff I ate
Minus the whip cream, only the maple syrup and grape jelly is free.
Hilton Buffet Breakfast that became my Brunch for 3 luxurious days
(no feelings of hunger until 4-5pm after this crazy spread)
PS: I am beginning to wonder if any sane person can beat my appetite.
So, in order to start a healthy lifestyle again, i really need to exercise for the long term. Can't imagine myself being fat when I'm 30 or 40 or 50, i'll be so depressed.
The solution?
Exercise twice-trice a week for 30 minutes :D
Gym or swim or dance or whatever, do something, it'll make you feel more alive.
I have yet to try this at all, but i must be motivated because it will help me to be better able to cope with school and stress. Exercise is that good. So, let me know if you want to be my gym/exercise buddy! (HAHAHA)
Hoping to hit the gym at Clementi every Monday and Wednesday before my 2pm classes. And maybe swim once in a while in the public pool there. I wish i can be a member of those posh fitness clubs but i'm so poor!! :(
Hope to find a tuition job that pays $200-400 a month too.
xoxo, principessa
The solution?
Exercise twice-trice a week for 30 minutes :D
Gym or swim or dance or whatever, do something, it'll make you feel more alive.
I have yet to try this at all, but i must be motivated because it will help me to be better able to cope with school and stress. Exercise is that good. So, let me know if you want to be my gym/exercise buddy! (HAHAHA)
Hoping to hit the gym at Clementi every Monday and Wednesday before my 2pm classes. And maybe swim once in a while in the public pool there. I wish i can be a member of those posh fitness clubs but i'm so poor!! :(
Hope to find a tuition job that pays $200-400 a month too.
xoxo, principessa
No comments:
Post a Comment