Wednesday, 2 January 2008

Thailand Mission Trip 7-15th Dec (Photos)

Pictures speaks a thousand words. So i shall save my breath and show all these lovely pictures instead! :)

To view, it's recommended to click on "View all Images" below the slide as the blog space is too small to show the pictures clearly. It can be viewed as a photo album or if you click "Original view" at the top right, you can view the slide show i've made in the size i've intended. Bigger is clearer :)

Switch off the sound by clicking on it if you dislike the music.

Day One



Day Two



Day Three



Day Four



Day Five



Day Six


Day Seven and Eight



FINALLY, all the pictures are uploaded. Took the whole day to do it. But,
thanks for looking at those pictures!

And below, here are some of the best or most arty shots i love most, without any photo-shopping and they've only been rotated or cropped at best. Hope you like them! :)

Favourite /Artistic Shots my brother took with his powerful 10 mega pix Canon

He took too many arty pictures so i'll only show you a few which i like.




This is amazing, who would notice these details?


He loves to take pictures of people with zoom, and click at the right moment


I like the contrast in colors, i cropped off the left side so this is not the 'original' of what he took But still, this is good. I am amazed he can find this shot, this location that i've missed!


Family portrait at this Christian drug rehabilitation center at Cha Fang - an idyllic piece of heaven complete with flowers, fresh misty air and fresh fruit fields.


Have you ever seen 云海 (sea of clouds) in real life? This is it! Breath-taking wonders of God's creation


Dad took this, all of us balancing on that plank of wood you see


Cow we bought for Betty's orphanage has grown so huge. Close up cow


Favourite / Artistic Shots I took with my 4 mega pix Nikon



In the Airport Limo - A shot of the Bangkok public bus


I think this is my proudest picture :) I love the contrast in colours and the steam, very very nice. I discovered this shot!


Haven't cropped this yet, but i took this after my bro showed me this spot, perfect angle of sunlight and contrasting colors. If you notice, this dustpan only came after he took the picture. Amazing.


I took this gorgeous sun set amidst the rolling hills, looks so surreal isn't it? I assure you this is exactly what i saw. Glorious creation.


I discovered this strange aligning of clouds. My gosh, don't they look like a stairway to heaven?


I love this garden shot too, its so fairytale like and soft. :) Initially, the picture was very dark as the sun is not up, i experimented with the exposure level in my camera and this came out! WOW.


Needless to say, i like this because of the nice flare of sunlight behind. Self taken :D


My version of Betty's cow, i had to climb this steep slope to get close to him!


Taken at this Thai Chinese Garden, love this angle :)


I have to show this because this is the best, most fulfilling bowl of noodles i've ever eaten for $1.20. There are meatballs, fishballs, wanton, slices of lean meat, pork's liver and so much more! Ultra delicious!!


I have to take this, my favourite Golden Retriever at Cha Da Di-e's place. Very obedient. I love him!

After so many pictures, there is really one word to sum up Thailand (Northern Thailand): Colorful Thailand. It is a place full of life, nature, colors and warmth.

I've been wondering, are slide shows more tedious or posting pictures alone? I prefer posting pictures alone if there aren't so many because you could scrutinize it or skip it if it is not interesting :I I took some pictures with my new 2 pounds Vivitar Slim and Wide camera too but as i'm so broke now, i can't afford to develop them yet!! But when i do, i'll post them up too :) So excited to see them myself.


No comments: